I just love the concept of Kickstarter, and the Pen Project is exactly why so. This engineering student “Ian Schon” decides to kick off his career as a designer with an extremely simple, elegant “user in mind” pen and I have the privilege of being a direct beneficiary. When I saw the kickstarter listing for the pen I sent a link to a close friend and gadget admirer who he felt it was the perfect Christmas wish list item for Mr. Pocket Macho .. so he backed 2 pens and I am a member of the elite. Now; I have been known to dabble in leatherwork so decided to assemble a wallet similar to my bullet space pen wallets to secure my new writing instrument from becoming lost (photo below).
The Nitty Gritty:
- Body and Cap made from 6061 Aluminum Outer Diameter= 0.5”, Length=4″ (closed) 5-3/4″ (open)
- Setscrew is ¼-20, 3/8″, Brass
- Pressurized ink cartridge from Fisher in Boulder City Nevada (spr4)
- Production run: Local to Massachusetts:
- Custom slotted brass setscrews
- Cutting and printing
- 100% MA, USA made!
My wallet design